Thursday, January 12, 2017

Daring Greatly in 2017 ..

In this New Year, my resolution is to write more consistently. I recently read a book called Daring Greatly, by Brene Brown. I was impressed with Teddy Roosevelt’s 1910 speech about undertaking endeavors without the guarantee of success, “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena…” These words inspired me to step into the arena and overlook the scorn of the critics that would never dare to imagine the way that we do. To write is not to create a perfect final product every time; it is a process of developing thoughts that we can be made into reality. Ultimately, by writing, we develop ourselves.
As a product manager, I find inspiration in everything around me. Each problem that we solve for our customers is an opportunity to learn. Looking at how we engage with people and empathize with their issues is a chance to examine the way that we find solutions that fit them with products or services.
So my resolution this year is to pen down my thoughts and musings more frequently. This year I will better record my insights on the books that I read, the movies I see, and the people I meet because inspiration can come from anywhere at any time. Overall, this will help me express my passion for creating products that help people do what they do. 

No comments: